Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm from Barcelona

So mission Spain-averse reverse got off to a good start, Barcelona turns out to be surprisingly enchanting, and enchantingly surprising. Myself and Marg did all the usual required things one would expect, consumed inordinate amounts of tapas & sangria, visited the melting church & various other trippy bits & pieces of Gaudi architecture, & smoked inside excessively because we could, as well as some slightly less conventional things aswell, like drinking Starbucks coffee for breakfast by the port, and downing several rounds of baby guinnesses on St Paddy's night. I blame the taking of such cultural liberties on the her being a yank factor.


It's black & white Italian cinema fortnight at Odyssey, which I'm possibly even more excited about than I was during the Fin film or Gypsy themed sessions. On tuesday went to see "Ladri di Biciclette" with a small crew from my science-po de l'europe class, and tomorrow I'm hoping to get to "La Strada" because it just doesn't do never to have seen a Fellini film, does it?

No comments: